Wednesday from 10 AM to 2 PM
Tax filing season has been extended from April 30 to June 1, 2020. Stay at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people.
Do not gather in groups and have one member of the household drop-off all required information.
All taxes will undergo a 1-week quarantine process for both of our volunteers and of your safety.
Low Income People Involvement of Nipissing will be offering a temporary income tax clinic every Wednesday from 10 AM to 2 PM.
Find out if you are eligible
You may be eligible for help if you have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
In general, a modest income means your total family income is less than the amount shown in the chart below, based on the size of your family. Check with your local community organization, as they may set different amounts.
|Family size||Total family income is under…|
|More than 5 persons||$52,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person|
Simple tax situation
In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from any of these sources:
- benefits such as the Canada Pension Plan, disability insurance, employment insurance, and social assistance
- registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation is not simple if you:
- are self-employed or have employment expenses
- have business or rental income and expenses
- have capital gains or losses
- filed for bankruptcy in the tax year (or the year before, if that return has not yet been filed)
- are completing a tax return for a deceased person