L.I.P.I. welcomes the opportunity to assist North Bay households with property tax arrears. The past year has been challenging for everyone. While we are all excited about vaccines and moving forward, many of us are facing deferred bills and debt.
This program is aimed at providing financial assistance to help ease the burden on individuals and families who are facing financial challenges due to the pandemic.
- Program will match taxpayer payments made to property tax account
- Maximum contribution of 50% of tax arrears determined at time of application
- LIPI will make payments directly to City on behalf of taxpayer
Applications will be accepted online, while in-person services will be dependent on Covid-19 restrictions. The program will require qualified applicants to meet the following criteria:
- Available to North Bay residents only
- Must be for primary residence (owner listed on title)
- Aid to be provided for 2020 final and 2021 interim property tax arrears due to impact of COVID-19
- Applications with property tax arrears prior to February 1, 2020 are not eligible for the program
- Resident must demonstrate ability to maintain property taxes under normal circumstances
- Resident must demonstrate significant impact to household income resulting from Covid-19 pandemic
- Experienced, at minimum, a decrease of 50% of total household income during either of the lockdown periods outlined below in comparison to 2019 income levels during the same timeframe.
(Period 1 – March 23, 2020 to June 12, 2020)
(Period 2 – December 26, 2020 to March 7, 2021)