Low Income People Involvement of Nipissing and the Near North Landlords Association are pleased to announce a joint initiative: Rent & Utility Recovery Bank. This program is aimed to assist tenants and landlords who have struggled financially due to the COVID-19 Pandemic within the Nipissing District.
Landlords and/ or tenants must complete an online pre-screening before the application process begins.
Once the pre-screening has been completed, we require the tenant to complete an online intake application that will take approximately 10 minutes. The link will be sent to the tenant by LIPI Staff.
Before you begin you will be required to provide the following documentation:
- 60 Days of Bank Statements
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Rent/Mortgage
- Utility Bills (if applicable)
- Eviction Notices (if applicable)
- Lease Agreement (if applicable)
Please note It is required that both landlord and tenant agree to the following terms to be eligible for
- Agree to take part in Brief Intervention Trusteeship;
- Agree to repayment plan;
- Pay upcoming rent;
- Pay first repayment upfront
- Agree to cease eviction proceedings;
- Sign Agreement for their in-kind contribution to the household rent arrears